Saturday, December 18, 2021

Scrapbook Saturday - Quick Quotes DB1236

Last Saturday I broke out my Club Q - November 2021 kit and worked on Blessed- DP1237. Today I worked on Family page kit - DP1236, I made some major changes -flipped paper sides, removed some elements, rotated page a layout, then added new elements


The original design:

  

 My Remix Design:
   


To start I cut the two background pages with a 1.5-inch border & the 5.5"x7.5" mats with a 1-inch. When going through the directions I noticed that two of the laser cut pieces were cut almost an inch bigger with a dove tail on both ends.  I just could not get the page to look right with the size that the large banners were in, and instead of trimming & trying to make both look identical I just did not use them.  Instead, I die cut 2 tags out of one of the gutted brown papers, flipped the back 2 layers to the other pattern, removed the layered columns. 

I fussy cut the vellum quote around the printed frame and used a gutted rectangle to back it.  The quote just seemed to disappear on the patterned paper, I wanted it to pop. 

Supplies not used and scraps from kits pages or punchouts:


I did not do any die cut from the smaller scraps that were in the kit.  I have 2 more altered kits & the bonus paper/ribbon pack that I can play with before my December kit arrives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back at it again... I hope.

 I am back... I hope I am back at it again. Life just seems to get in the way sometimes.  I did become a Creative Memories Advisor in the ho...