Saturday, December 11, 2021

Scrapbook Saturday - Quick Quotes DP1237

Just looked at the calendar and realized that it was almost time for another Club Q from Quick Quotes to ship again.  I haven't even looked at last month's kit.  I opened the package, checked the packages, placed them in my Quick Quotes paper holder and completely forgot to go back and do them.  Today during our quiet time I worked on the kits. I try and do either a scrapbook layout or a scrap busting project on Saturdays.  

I normally seem to alter the kits slightly to fit what I need.  I always try maximizing my paper to have very little waste.  I only found out about Quick Quotes during the Scrapbook Expo in 2019 after taking a class. Since then, the Craftlings and I have adored the easy but beautiful kits that they have.  The page kits from November are DP 1236 Family & DP 1237 Blessed and the altered kits are CQ178 Christmas Card Bundle and KICK 178 Gift Card Holder.  

With all the page kits I 'gut' my large sections as long as it will not effect the final layout.  I typically use a .75 to 1.5 - inch to make my borders; it all depends on how I feel about the final design on how much structure that I need.  With smaller photo mats I will use some smaller dies to make tags, banners, alphabets, etc. in the center. 

The original layout:

My remixed layout:

My remix I did not use the 9.25 circle. I changed the flower clusters to make it look more flowerpot-ish verses the wreath look.  I also shifted the large photo mat over to give myself a journaling spot on the right page.  

My leftovers & made elements


I made banners & ribbons from the small photo mats using and Stamps of Life Set - HighlighterPlanner (retiring soon) & the MiniDoubleBanner die. The larger photo mats I gutted to use later, one of them I used to make a photo mat so I did not have to waste from the other page from the kit. 

Scraps from cutting and punchouts:


Once I complete the entire kit I will sit down and play with everything leftover with the bonus pack that comes with the kit.  I can normally get a couple extra layouts as well as a few cards & tags.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back at it again... I hope.

 I am back... I hope I am back at it again. Life just seems to get in the way sometimes.  I did become a Creative Memories Advisor in the ho...